CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Girl Who Could Fly

This book is geared to a younger audience, but I heard such good reviews that I was intrigued. The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester was her first book and I am definitely putting her on my "authors to watch" list. The story is about a plain girl who grew up in a small farming community with little exposure to life outside her farm. As the book obviously gives away, she finds that she can fly and this sets off a series of events that take her far from her farm. That is where I am going to leave it since I was surprised, especially given the cover, where this book leads. Usually a reader can predict the twists and turns of the book but I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't always know where it was going to lead. That alone made it worth the read, but I also like the heroine of the novel. She is a honest and courageous character that doesn't give in to the cynicism of those who surrounded her. She really transcended her environment and circumstances. This book is a definite keeper for when my daughter is old enough to read it.

0 comments: