CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Hunger Games


Ok, a disclaimer right off: I had no idea that this was the first book in a series that is not finished yet. That was extremely disappointing since this book was so good. From the moment I opened it, I couldn't put it down. I read all in one day which meant I stayed up until 2 or 3 am.

"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins is a story of a 16-year-old girl living in a post-apocalyptic America. She is selected by lottery to participate in "The Hunger Games" which is a televised contest of survival between 24 contestants. Winner is the last one standing.

Very "Lord-of-the-Flies" in some ways, but a gripping read. I'd wait for the entire series to come out first since I hate waiting.

0 comments: